She Left No Note

She Left No Note
Do you enjoy reading mysteries set in Italy? The second book in the Lake Iseo Mysteries, set around Lake Iseo and in Puglia, is out now on Amazon. Click on the picture

Puglia - Daunia in September - Trani

Breakfast is better than ever, a Brioche with superb ricotta inside and a sprinkling of toasted almonds outside. We go early, which is better too. At about half past eight there are fewer people and we then go directly to the open air weekly market which we first visited last year. Once again we have fun, I stock up on more of what I bought a year ago, especially the excellent heavy nonstick pans which I can only find here and a couple of dresses, one costs one euro, and one two euros. Lunch is once again a repeat, we stop by at macelleria Mazzone and buy 'bombette' which I cook for lunch.

The afternoon is dedicated to a long long walk, cathedral, port, park and about 3 kilometres down the sea front after the Villa Comunale as far as the abbey, the other side of which, I'm surprised to discover, a beach is hiding. Each time I come to Trani I find something new and positive.

Trani in September

Trani in September

Trani in September
By the time we get back to the park and have a rest the sun is nearly setting, so back to the cathedral for that. There's a cool breeze across the harbour, the colours are watercolours or pastels, Trani is just so beautiful, despite other worries .... I'm happy.
Trani in September



Comments

Popular Posts